Posted by marika on Dec 31, 2011 in Blogs
, Personal Development & Self Improvement
The Check-Off List
Two-Thousand-Twelve is going to be a special year. I mean people have already been talking about it for quite some time. There’s even a movie out about it and the Mayan Calender is ending. All that is telling me is that it is going to be a special year. I don’t believe any of the hoopla about it ending but I do believe it will be a new beginning. However, my thinking is that we should probably act as if it is ending anyway because tomorrow really isn’t promised to us. When I think of it that way, my list for 2012 has changed from my original thoughts.
So here it goes…
- Do at least 3 things on my Bucket List – I have a long bucket list but there are three things I know I can tackle within the year which include: Learning how to meditate (without me thinking it’s silly or any other distractions), going to the shooting range (been wanting to do this for three years now) and going to Disney/Universal Studios (have only been to Disney World in Japan).
- Go on a Peaceful Vacation - I have learned thru the years that it’s really important to take a vacation when you can just to at least refresh; however, mine are never peaceful. Something always happens to ruin the trip or I somehow added work into the whole equation. I would like a trip where I am just “zen” the whole time.
- Write a Book – I am finally deciding to write a book and plan to have it done mid year. It’s something I have wanted to do a for a long time and now I feel like I have enough content to put one out and work on another to be done at the end of the year.
- Revamp My Site – This is something I have wanted to do for a while now, I am not quite ready because there is so much I want to do with it. Although I have been told it’s a nice site, there are some advancements I had plans to incorporate since I started this site.
- Start a New Site – I have had my personal site domain I have planned from the start to create so that I can brand myself. Most of you don’t know the whole story behind “Marika” as that is not my first name. I would like you to know more of who I am and how I got to this point, because you will then understand why I created this site and why I write about some of the things I do.
- “Work Smarter not Harder” – If you haven’t noticed by how often I post that I stay pretty “busy”. I work A LOT. Last year, I got better about saying “no” to people so that I didn’t add more to the full plate I already had. I love to help people but sometimes, unfortunately, it’s not smart to do so. Once I build the foundation I envision, I definitely will be able to help people more.
- Find a “Sponsor” – Sponsor is such a nice word isn’t it? Nicer than maybe investor or partner. Well, I am the type of person that loves to do things by myself. But now that I want to work smarter and not harder, I have realized that allowing certain people to help me is wise. I also know that I will have to help them back; therefore, finding someone that has a similar vision or is doing similar things where it would be easy to give back is vital.
- “Align my Circle” – I saw many people stating in their statuses how they are cleaning their closet. Well, that would take to much of my energy to go thru my lists. However, I have found prayer and self discovery to be much more effective. Every time I sit down and really talk to God about aligning myself with the right people suitable for me, He will then (like clockwork) take someone out of my life that did not need to be there. It’s always been a situation that showed me who they really were that didn’t align with who I am. But before I talk to God, I take some time to learn some things about who I am because if I don’t know who I am I won’t know who I should be aligned with. This year I want to change some things about my energy so that the people I attract are in my alignment that way I don’t have to go through the pain of losing people out of my life. Though it is necessary it’s still not fun when you lose someone you became close to.
- Do More Video – My plan is to start interviewing people and doing more personal video blogs like I used. Also, since I travel for work I am going to get a nice video cam to tape my experiences.
- Love Myself – I have been single for some time and have learned that is it important for me to stay this way at least until this process is solid. I think we all will be in the process of loving ourselves constantly; however, obtaining a solid foundation of self love is important. I have some great people in my life that help me with this periodically. What I have found got me off track was dating men that had no plans to love me so, I will definitely have to be more careful.
- Forgive Myself – Forgiveness is something I have had to learn to do. If you follow signs, Scorpios are not good at this. I am much like my sign in this respect. I have had declare certain situations complete, in order to forgive the person that caused them. However, the root of most of the bad situations have pointed right back to me. I have found it easier to forgive others to avoid forgiving myself. It’s not healthy because it causes me to be quite hard on myself. It also makes it harder to let go. I have found that when people forgive themselves everything else comes easy with faced with a situation.
- Create a Game-plan – Of course, in order to do all of the above I will have to stick to a game-plan.
So what’s your 12 things?